For eternity.


Sunday, February 20, 2011

When I brought Ev home from the hospital, my Grandma gave me a card with this poem inside:

My day old child lay in my arms
with my lips against her ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish-
I wish that you could hear;

I've a hundred wonderful things to say
[a tiny cough and nod]
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled her ear.
But a kind of light passed through her eyes,
And I saw this thought appear:

"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God -
I left him yesterday."

I feel so blessed that God gave me the opportunity to be a mother. I am so grateful for my religion that gives me direction and purpose. I am grateful that I know where I came from before this earth life and that my family can be together for eternity.  If you would like to know more about God's plan, you can view my Mormon profile, or click here.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem! It brought tears to my eyes. It really is so wonderful to be a mother, and how blessed we are to have a knowledge of God's plan for us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that poem, it really touched me. I've often thought about these precious newborns that smile "spontaneously" as they sleep. No, these little ones have beautiful memories they dream about, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete