spree time


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Well, for months now I have been warning Jared that when the baby weight came off,  I would get my shopping spree on. Well, folks, turns out I'm less than 5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. BUT, the catch is that everything still needs to shrink and get toned. Now this makes sense to me, so tell me if you agree - a good majority of my skirts do not fit me like they used to. My guess is aimed at the fact that my body spent the last 9 months expanding and my rib cage and birthing hips need still need time to retract from the balloon state I was in. Am I right on that, because that's my only explanation and if I need to invest in new skirts, Jared's got a shocking receipt coming his way. Just kidding. If there's one thing I love more than clothes, its frugality. Yes, I wish I could dress JCrew every day with JCrew clothes, but actually I can still do that with the following beauties:
1. Kmart - $7.79
2. Target - $17.99
3. F21- $5.80
4. Old Navy - $29.50
5. Target - $17.99
6. Target - $9.00
7. F21 - $7.80
8. F21 - $5.80
9. Kmart - $7.79
10. Target - $9.99
11. Target - $22.49
12. Kmart - $12.49

Yeah, Kmart and Old Navy are on my list. I'm loving that romper up there. Gotta get my hands on that. I'll be honest and say that Kmart online rocks. You have to dig through to find a diamond piece, but great style for cheap. Of course, Target is the go-to for everything. I bought that fedora this weekend. I've never been a hat person, but I tried it on and I digged [dug?] it. So I decided to be adventurous with that purchase. Kinda like the time I decided to forgo my usual side part and part my hair down the middle. That was a big move for me people.

3 comments:

  1. I kind of love those kmart items! Now I wish the kmart next to us hadn't closed. I'm not even sure where one is anymore... Yay for thriftyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE clothes! And there's a chance that your clothes may never fit the same, even at pre-preg weight. I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant, but there are still some clothes that just don't fit right anymore. It's good excuse for new ones!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would bet that with time you will be back to the same shape. I mean, you're only 4 weeks off of having a baby. And yes, your 5 pounds make me envious. It took me much much longer to lose my baby weight, but lose it I did, with an additional 25 lbs. Now, don't think about losing an additional 25 lbs yourself, I think it's smart for you to stay above 100.
    Treat this stage as part of maternity- it's not permanent, so don't go nuts.

    ReplyDelete