dont'cha wish your weather was hot like mine?


Thursday, March 10, 2011

75 degrees. It's March.
When I had Evelyn back in January I had tan lines. Why am I leaving this place again?
Today we enjoyed a nice little jog from Santa Monica to Venice. I noticed that I was getting a few looks. It was weird considering Venice is the most freakish place full of weirdos and I hardly thought I was in that category of extremists, but then it hit me. My fellow LA-ians were witnessing something rare. Not only was I pushing a jogging stroller in work-out attire, but I was ACTUALLY jogging with the jogging stroller. I don't know if this is everywhere, or just in California, but it seems to be the cool new thing to have a jogging stroller, particularly the expensive kind, as your main mode of carting your child around. Whether or not you intend to use it for actual jogging is irrelevant, so long as your nanny pushes your child around in it then everyone will perceive you as a healthy parent. I just find it humorous.

Speaking of being perceived as healthy, I guess I'm trying to do better myself. It's 8:30pm. Why does my sweet craving always kick in right now? Last night I tried to satisfy it by blending milk, ice and walnuts for a "shake." Yeeahh..... 
Any healthy "sweet" quencher ideas out there?

6 comments:

  1. These yummy acai berries covered in dark chocolate from Costco... mmmm. Or try wheat thins with cottage cheese if you want salty.... or we love fruit smoothies with yogurt. hope that helps. Love your posts Ken! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your baby is beyond precious! sometimes we like those yoplait frozen smoothie mixes where you just add milk. they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blend a banana, ice and almond milk for the sweet. You can even sneak in a little protein powder and/or a handful of spinach and/or extra fruit. It will be sweet and will also have a satisfying milk-shake texture due to the banana...unless you are like your mom and you don't like fruit. Then I don't know how to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to steal Ev. She's seriously the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sugar free jello or puddin'.
    fruit. (fresh or dried, yum)
    fruit leathers (the real kind)
    sugar free popsicles
    cottage cheese and some fruit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Its true you dont see too many people actually jogging with their strollers. :) Way to go! And you litttle girl is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete