Famfare Friday


Friday, March 25, 2011

Are you ready for another dosage?
When I was little, I was nut-so about animals. I loved, loved, loved them. I thought I was for sure going to be a veterinarian. [Crazy how now I'm at the complete opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to the pet thing. My adult self doesn't seem to understand the concept of wanting to own an animal.] One time my family and I were driving along when we spotted an injured turtle on the side of the road. Which brings me to ask - how DO you go about spotting an injured turtle on the side of the road? I'll have to ask my dad... Anywho, it was so tragic, but I consoled myself and the rest of my family members that this turtle would be ok. He woud wander back into the woods and it's mother would put a leaf on its wound for a band-aid and he would live long and prosper.
I also LOVED catching animals. 
Did any of you see Shirley Temple's movie "The Blue Bird?" I think that movie was like drugs to my little 5 year old self. I loved it. She catches birds in it. So modeling after her style, I would take a plastic milk crate like this, prop it up with a stick, lay bread underneath and station myself behind our playset until my bird arrived. I was quite successful. I even caught a squirrel and opossum once.
So with this natural love I had for animals, it was no wonder that I adopted [ahem...took hostage] a stray cat that was roaming our yard.
I named him Puss Puss.
By the looks of it, he sure was appreciative of my hyperactive love and affection for him.

1 comment: