the breastfeeding diet


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So last post, Lauren commented that I should give ya'll some weight loss tips [I think she was joking when she wrote it, but I do have some things to say about it]. Lest ye be deceived, I am nowhere close to where I was pre-pregnancy. Sure, I can fit in to skinny jeans but they are elastic and will stretch over my now jello tummy. Fitted jeans and I have yet to be reacquainted. With that being said, I have been making efforts to become slim and trim. For the past 4 weeks I have: run 3 miles daily, done light weights, measured my food and wrote down everything that went in to my mouth. I worked for a nutritionist before I had Ev, so I felt pretty on track. So when I wasn't losing the weight and I called my boss to ask why, he said I would lose the weight faster if I stopped working out and ate more fat. Come again? Yeah, I guess when you're breastfeeding your body hoards fat and because I was trying to burn that fat off with Cardio, my body worked extra hard to keep that squish on. So pretty much all my efforts were in vain.  I actually created more fat. So here's a weight loss tip for all women:
1. grow yourself a mini you
2. BREASTFEED & BREASTFEED that darling creation
I hear it works like a charm. Sucks the unwanted stuff right off. I'm still waiting for mine to kick in, or rather I'm waiting for my baby to eat more, that skinny little thing! How much easier my job would be if she would nurse longer than 10 min. Now i'm stuck limiting my sweets. So I took one of my favorite desserts, Strawberry Pie, and did my own little swip-swap. Cream cheese = greek yogurt, pie crust = 1/2 graham cracker. The taste is divine, I must say. I do the same with bananas for a banana cream pie.

5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, I'll have to try it. I'm always looking for a sweet treat! Keep the tips coming. I have been on a frozen banana kick lately, either by themselves or blended with ice, almond milk, and a little cocoa powder. I don't know about you, but I crave sweets way more now that I'm breastfeeding than when I was pregnant.
    I'm kinda confused about what your boss said. If you eat more fat wouldn't your body want to hoard that too?
    I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!
    i was being SERIOUS :)
    haha i love seeing people's healthy tricks..
    and you seriously look AMAZING.
    your dessert looks delicious!
    when i'm cravin chocolate fast,
    i grab about 2 tbsp cocoa powder + a dash of milk + stevia... {pop in the freezer if you can wait}
    amazingly rich dark chocolate fudgie.
    and about 30 calories.
    yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bookmark this page for 6 years in the future when children may or may not be a part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need your secret to staying so skinny WHILE pregnant. You were all belly and I am quickly gaining a belly, butt and thighs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm! That looks like a yummy snack, imagine the possibilites. I've always wondered why I hold on to some weight when I breastfeed. Now to be patient. By the way, love your brutal honesty. You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete