happy + blog banner tutorial


Thursday, July 14, 2011

 Can you guess why we're both so happy? Perhaps it has to do something with the fact that a little baby has given her parents 12 hours of sleep for the past 2 nights! 8pm-8am. Not easy folks. Not easy. We took people's suggestions of letting her sleep on her tummy and that seemed to help. The problem before was she would roll over in her sleep and wake herself up 5 times a night. Now we just cut that problem by laying her on her stomach from the getgo.

I've had some people ask me about my blog banners and how I make them. I've been constructing them in Photoshop, but I understand that most don't have that program seeing that it is a gabillion dollars [Jared got a student discount 80% off, or else we wouldn't have it either :)]. BUT there is a FREE program called GIMP that is the cheaper version of photoshop that is just as suitable for creating a banner. I suggest you download it. Then, click HERE for a full tutorial written by yours truly. Hope it helps! Also, if you don't feel like your creative juices are flowing, you just don't have time to do it yourself or want a whole blog lift, I would gladly be willing to help out! On the left there is a link to BLOG DESIGN which will take you to a contact form where you can outline more specifically what you are looking for :) Happy Banner-ing...???

3 comments:

  1. Evelyn is so cute! I think she looks more like Jared? Is that what people say more often? & I pinned your tutorial so I can work on it later when I get out of my I-just-had-a-baby-and-so-I-can't-accomplish-anything funk...which should hopefully be soon seeing as my baby just turned 4 months old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henny shes the cutest baby ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra,

    First of all, you and your baby are adorable. As always. Second of all, I am super impressed that--not only are you capable of creating awesome blog banners--you are now spreading the love. I've had an awesome designer in the past, but she's gotten a lot busier and I haven't heard back from her in a couple months. I just might have to switch. Let me know if I could talk you into doing some kind of sweet trade.

    Love,
    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete