O Shenandoah


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I know the best time to visit the Shenandoah is fall time, when the mountains are a brilliant red and orange, but I think spring time with wild flowers is also ideal. Since Luray Caverns happens to be just outside the valley a bit, we decide to picnic in the Blue Ridge for an hour or so. In my mind I had a nice meadow field pictured with a picnic blanket involved. However, right when we got in the car Evelyn fell asleep. Jared and I ended up pulling over on a lookout and just camped out on a wall admiring the vastness before us. I think that was the first time we were able to eat in peace and quiet for a very very long time. We got to hold hands, eat many chipsahoys, and one of us even did a back flip and almost slid off the cliff. As we made our way back down the mountain, Evy Rae awoke chipper and we stopped at a small ice cream stand to get some cones. That was the best darn soft serve I have ever had!

P.S. Jared makes fun of my belly hold because I don't frame it well and I'll admit that it looks super goofy in that pic. Oh well.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, this made me miss the mountains so so much. My family and I used to vacation to The Blue Ridge Mountains all the time when I was little. I need to get back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! What a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your belly hold is gorgeous! =) and look at little evelyn's ice cream face...what a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! How far along are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you were in my neck of the woods! It's beautiful out here, but we're ready to move back to No.VA!

    Congrats on baby BOY! Let the bowtie making begin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. I love your dress! So pretty. The soft serve looks very satisfying. That's an awesome pictures of your husband flipping. :)

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day! That back flip is impressive and I have to say... I think you do a pretty good job at the belly hold =) Oh man you little one taking a bite out of that ice cream is just PRECIOUS!

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. New to your blog and I love love these pictures. There needs to be some mountains in my near future. That back flip is crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your belly pic looks great!!!! And props to your hubby craziness jumping off a cliff like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your TINY bump is the cutest. what a sweet little day! i love these photos. we need to get together soon! anxious to see that bump in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your hubs doin' the back flip? pretty cool. same with shenandoah in general. i need to get there.

    ReplyDelete