merry & bright


Monday, December 17, 2012

Sooo... I'm 26 years old and I still had yet to experience a balloon dropping until this past Saturday night. It was thrilling, folks, let me tell ya! Actually, what made it thrilling was seeing Evelyn's face light up when the thousands of "boo baa's" started falling. We went to Jared's company party on Saturday night down in DC, met up with some friends for tacos, and scurried by the National Christmas Tree. 

There was a 10 minute period where I stood on the curb on the corner of New York & 14th, cuddling Warner in my arms. Jared took Evelyn to get the car and so there my baby boy and I sat waiting and watching the cars go by. I'm a people watcher. Are you? I'm always captivated by human interaction. I think about all the millions of people in the world, all going about their own business, all loving a specific someone, all having dreams. Some are happy, some are sad. All are struggling in this life, rich or poor. As Jared pulled up, I waved to Evelyn in the back seat. My loving husband came out and folded the stroller while I buckled Warner in all snuggly in the carseat, handed Evelyn her sippy cup and off we drove through the city lights. At that moment I was people watching the three people in my car. And I loved what I was seeing. That night was especially merry and bright.

P.S. I did a fun interview over here last Friday. I'd love for you to check it out :) TJ runs such a great blog! 

11 comments:

  1. what precious photos! sounds like a fabulous evening with your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family :) I'm 31 and have yet to see a balloon drop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to see a balloon drop! You have the sweetest family!

    P.S. I'm with you on the people watching! I could be entertained for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos :)
    That sounds like the perfect night with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, the national Christmas tree is beautiful-- and it's real, right? what a great night!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your little interview, and loved it! It was nice to get to know you better from that, sometimes you can just get a feel for people by the answers they give you to questions. And you have such a sweet spirit about you that is quite inviting :) Loved your post, and how you described your "people watching" especially your own! Your daughter's leopard shoes are too cute! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics of your lovely family! Happy Monday!!

    xoxo,
    Shio

    sweetnessaboos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!!!! Thats awesome that Jareds office party let him bring the whole family :-) I bet that made evelyns night :-)

    I LOVE people watching, its one of my favorite past times. My best friend (he now lives in peru) but back in my single days I used to metro into DC and we would meet up and just people watch the entire day. But you know my two favorite people to people watch are Scott and Judah

    ps your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never experienced a balloon drop either so I'll have to add it to my todo list. I bet DC is beautiful during the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taco's - yum! Love the pictures, so much Christmas cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of a balloon drop! It sounds so neat - and would be so fun to watch. And I love those giant Nutcrackers! I would love one of those guys in my house :)
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete