Evelyn, Dad & a Tent


Monday, May 6, 2013

Good word, aren't these photos of Evelyn beautiful?! Dad sure captured her well! When Jared said he wanted to take Evelyn on a daddy daughter campout that some men in our church were throwing together, I thought goooooodd luuuck! I totally did not think she was ready and I thought Jared was being way too optimistic and rather naive that she was going to fall asleep in the pack n play, in 40* nighttime weather, in a tent, with the laughter of other chatty little girls in the background, in the dark, and not develop a cough all throughout the wee morning hours like she had been the previous night. I was totally anticipating them barging through the door at 1am, defeated by the wilderness, but wouldn't ya know it - I was proved wrong! Evelyn thrived in the outdoors! Jared said Evelyn loved the canoe, throwing sticks in the water, the big campfire, went out like a light at 9pm and didn't make a peep til 6:30am.

I have to admit that my heart feels a bit bipolar when I look at these photos. On one hand I am so so proud of Evelyn for flowering into such a big girl. Especially camping in undies and not having one accident! And mostly just overjoyed that she and Dad got to form a tighter bond together. On the other hand, there isn't an ounce of baby left in her. I mean, the girl can handle a boat ore!

14 comments:

  1. She's so grown up! what a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww these photos are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are precious, I bet she had the time of her life right there!!! Props to dad for taking her out and enjoying the camping trip, the two of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are darling. Your daughter really is adorable. I can't wait to have babies and have them grow into toddlers so my husband can take them on campouts. It looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay this is the cutest post ever!!!! I love it so much, the pictures the words, everything. Precious Kendra! The Father and Sons campout is this weekend of Mothers Day. I know they'll have fun, they look forward to it all year long! Love you Kendra!

    Shauna xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! What a fantastic bonding experience for them both, so special. And the photos are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have such great memories of these camp outs as a kid! So glad he wanted to take her. She looks like she had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to go Daddy for taking such awesome photos! love that picture with her mouth wide open!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these photos are so sweet! And I love to see that there are such good Daddys out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! Iwent on my first daddy daughter camping trip with the dads from my church when I was about 3. I cried and cried for my mom when it was bed time but my dad calmed me down by telling me that I was waking Bambi up..he swears it shut me up immediately and the next day I coudlnt stop talking about Bambi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PRECIOUS. she looks so big and she looks so incredibly happy!! i can't remember the first time i went camping but i feel like i was older (?!) so i'm absolutely impressed! Way to go Evelyn (and mama/papa too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete