memorials and good stuff


Friday, August 2, 2013

Whew, alright, rolling up my sleeves and getting back in to this documenting life business! Last Saturday some good friends of ours were back in town after having moved away from us, and we were excited to reunite with them again and meet their new baby girl! As is customary around these DC parts, one must always visit Good Stuff when rendezvousing in the district. It might be to some like what In-n-Out is to us Californians (although I am super glad that those burgers are spreading their buns to more and more states! I'd take in-n-out over any top gourmet burger always!). We decided to leave a bit early and stop by the Iwo Jima Memorial since we hadn't hit that one up yet. It was beautiful!

Sitting high on a hill in Arlington, next to the cemetery, the view is breathtaking as your view includes the Monument and the Capitol. All in one sitting, just like that! We took our time walking, one of us crawling, and one of us twirling around the memorial. I parked myself down on the grass next to Warner as he picked at the reeds. It's amazing what happens when your eyes cross his. It's like a surge of energy is transmitted, and he breaks out in a huge smile, lets out a screech, does a quick wink with his eyes, and then powerhouses over to me. I pretty much wrote that same thing here, but I can't ever get over how much this kid LOVES me (and Dad, too!), but he really loves me and shows it! Warner then "tackled me" and I just thought "oh, I could live in a cardboard box as long as I had my family with me!" They truly make the the happiest. But that salty caramel shake from Good Stuff also makes me pretty darn happy. The kids were lucky I let both of them take a nab at it ;)

5 comments:

  1. This post makes me so excited to be a mom one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post! and I love the picture of you & Ev with the milkshake! Salted caramel sounds absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower :) You have the cutest blog! I love your baby boy's style & cute face and what a pretty little girl you have. Also I love The Hammers and going to your mom's sunday school class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!!! Your little family has so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete